Local Author and Photographer Jennifer W. Jordan releases recipe book Veggin In St. Augustine, featuring vegetarian recipes from St. Augustine restaurants, food trucks, and bed & breakfasts.
Attention Foodies: Now available on Amazon, Veggin In St. Augustine, is a recently published recipe book by local author Jennifer W. Jordan featuring exclusive vegetarian recipes from St. Augustine restaurants, food trucks, and bed & breakfast inns. This book will be available soon at local food and retail establishments. For now, find the paperback version here on Amazon!
This book is for those who love food and love St. Augustine! Take a visual journey with stunning photographs through the community of St. Augustine and its vegetarian dishes. Recipes range from the most simple to the quite complex and are appropriate for both the amateur and well-established cook.
A range of culinary diversity from cocktails, breakfasts, main dishes, and desserts in a variety of food genres from Indian to classic Floridian. Both omnivores and vegetarians will enjoy the delicious veggie options St. Augustine has to offer.
“It was important for me to represent the broad culinary experiences St. Augustine has to offer. This book appeals to both local food adventurers as well as people who love St. Augustine and would like to take a taste of it home with them.” Jennifer W. Jordan, Author of Veggin In St. Augustine
Vegetarian recipes (many being vegan) come from surprising locations such as Michael’s Steak House. Chef Michael Lugo created vegan dishes for the book that will be made available upon request to restaurant guests.
Serenata Beach Club head chef Evan C. Brown created several vegan dishes that will add to the Club’s variety of culinary dishes. BackYard Buffalo food truck owner Punita Patel shared a very detailed step-by-step guide on how to make the Indian cheese, Paneer.
Other recipe locations include:
- Cafe Alcazar: asparagus soup, artichoke Giovanni, and Tres Leche cake *somewhat elaborate recipes
- Corazon: veggie burger
- Forgotten Tonic: two cocktails
- Michael’s: vegan main dish and appetizer
- Serenata Beach Club: vegan salad, side, and main dish
- I Love Pierogi Food Truck: two pierogi recipes
- Luvin O’ Van: quinoa salad
- Back Yard Buffalo food truck: Paneer (cheese)
- Crave: tempeh bowl
- Blue Hen: sweet potato home fries and black bean avocado salad
- Borrillo’s: Greek salad, garlic knots, and veggie lasagna
- Cedar House Inn: pear tort
- Back 40 Urban Cafe: beer cheese queso and veggie chili mac & cheese
- Inn on Charlotte: poached pear, omelet, and home fries
- St. Francis Inn: strawberry soup
- Georgie’s Diner: omelet and home fries
Beer Cheese Queso Dip from The Back 40 Urban Cafe
12 oz can of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer
1 ¼ lbs white American melting cheese
1. Melt the cheese in the beer, stirring often until the cheese is fully melted.
2. Serve with fresh tortilla chips and top with a mound of pico de gallo.