This memorial is located at the northeast corner of the Plaza de la Constitución just next to the old Public Market facing the Bridge of Lions. The St. Augustine Pilot Club presented the monument in 1946 to memorialize the citizens of St. Johns County who gave their lives during World War II. Later, bronze plaques were added to the six-foot square, stucco-finished masonry shaft to include those from St. Johns County who died in Korea and Vietnam.
Date created: 1946
Dimensions: 6' square