Visual Arts; Visual Arts: Other; Visual Arts: Painting; term
146 Washington St.
St Augustine, FL 32084
OBJECTIVE A creative leader with passion for the arts, community and public service, vast experience as a community leader, business owner and a practicing artist. Working toward Master’s Degree in Arts In Medicine at the University of Florida online program. Certified Arts in Aging facilitator. Seeking Art in Healthcare Leadership role
SKILLS & ABILITIES Art in Aging facilitator, Adult Day Care Arts Coordinator, Leadership, art instruction, fund raising, event coordination, networking, social media, branding, marketing, creative problem solving, Windows, Excel, Word, Powerpoint. I have Currently started 3 Art in Healthcare programs in Pinellas County. PAR Academy, working with teens and addictions, Pinellas County Police Athletic League working with at risk youth and partnering with the Bay Pines VA working with a Veterans out patient program. I started all programs and funded them through social media and a GoFundMe campaign.
May 2008 – Present
• Adult Day Care Volunteer Coordinator for Neighborly Care Network
• Certified Arts In Aging facilitator
• Home and studio Art Instruction
• Commission paintings and creatives
• Craft parties
• Paint your glass off parties – First in the area to offer this service
• Small Business Operations including; promotion through Social Media. FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MySpace, Pintrest and Etsy.
• Bookkeeping, Marketing, Networking and website maintenance.
• Staff instructor at Indian Rocks Beach Art Center and Safety Harbor Community Center.
East DIRECTOR OF VOLUNTEER MINISTRIES
Lake United Methodist Church
January 2007 – October 2008
• Accountable for building a ground-up volunteer ministry for the church.
• Recruit and manage new volunteers
• Manage, coordinate all volunteer activites for all areas of the church
• Manage outreach programs with habitat for humanity, international missions to Haiti and other countries.
LEGISLATIVE ASSISTANT TO STATE REPRESENTATIVE GUS M. BILIRAKIS
State of Florida
July 2004 – May 2005
• Assisting constituents with legislative and local issues.
• Writing letters, press releases on behalf of the representative.
• Tracking bills while in legislative session to understand impacts to district.
• Working with lobbyists as well as other legislators.
• Candidate fundraising
City 0f Safety Harbor
March 2000 – July 2004
• Elected leader serving the citizens of Safety Harbor.
• Responsible for an annual multi-million dollar city budget.
• Facilitating and solving constituent, local business and civic organization issues.
• Leading fund raising efforts for several not for profit organizations within the city.
• Assisting not for profit organizations to bring their services into the city.
• Worked with city staff on various projects throughout the city.
• Established and coordinated the Safety Harbor Wine Festival which has made over $350,000 for local charities since 2003.
• Established and coordinated the Safety Harbor Kayak Race which brought in $15,000 for the Safety Harbor Museum 2002
University of Florida
Masters in Arts In Medicine
University of South Florida
B.A. – Fine Art, 1999
St. Petersburg College
A.A. – Fine Art, 1997
Pinellas Vocational Technical Institute
Certificate of completion, 1988
NCAA – National Center for Art and Aging
Certificate of completion, 2011
AWARDS/HONORS Art Awards/Honors:
• 1st place in Dunedin’s ConCoarsido RapidPen
• Pen Women’s Best of Show
• Cleo Award for Cadillac Advertisement
• Artist of Distinction Still Point Gallery (on-line gallery)
• Artist of Distinction YMCA Art Festival 2009
• Honors Painting at USF
• Chosen by peers to co-ordinate, hang and promote senior show including securing gallery space.
GROUPS & AFFILIATIONS In addition to my leadership roles on the job, I’ve participated in many leadership and volunteering roles at community organizations.
PAR Current Art in Health facilitator
Police Athletic League Current Art in Health facilitator
Beach Art Center in conjunction with Bay Pines VA as an Art in Healthcare facilitator
East Lake Lacrosse Booster President (present)
Committee for North Pinellas County Neighborhoods (2012-present)
Neighborly Care Network Board Member (2012-present)
Beach Art Center Indian Rocks Beach (2012-present)
Lion’s club of Safety Harbor (past president) (2000-present)
East Lake United Methodist Church Board of Trustees, chair (2008-2012)
Volunteer Neighborly Care Network (2009-present)
Great American Teach In Tarpon Fundamental Middle School (2012)
Pace Center for Girls Volunteer (2011-2012)
Metropolitan Ministries (2010-2012)
Great American Teach In Tarpon Middle School (2006)
YMCA of the Suncoast (2004-2008)
North Pinellas Republican club (past president) (2004)
Leadership Pinellas (2003)
Espiritu Santo Catholic School (2001-2004)
Professional Association of Visual Artists – PAVA (2002)
Tarpon Springs Women’s Group (2002)
Tampa Bay Harvest (1996-1998)
Youth Group Leader at Central Christian Church Disciples of Christ (1991)
Big Brothers Big Sisters (1986)
REFERENCES REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST